Author S.J. Maylee stops by the blog today to let us tell us a little about her latest romantic work from Evernight Publishing.
Top Ten things to know about UNTANGLE ME
- I wrote UNTANGLE ME in May 2013.
- Edits were done in June, but a new longer ending was added in September.
- This is the third book I’ve written and the second to be published.
- Of all the scenes, it’s the ending that has gone through the most changes. This happened with my first release too. I guess I’m nitpicky about my endings.
- The story starts with Ivy missing her opportunity to make a good first impression. I hate when that happens. Then I made her feel guilty and soon after that I had her get caught in a lie. Good grief. I hope she’s forgiven me for all I put her through, lol.
- UNTANGLE ME takes place in Chicago, as do all my stories.
- One of my favorite parts of the book is when Ivy finds Seth watching her. She sees his desire and it starts a night of … 😉
- There’s a Domme who makes a quick appearance in this book and she’s a character from my first ever written story. I look forward to including her more in my Love Projects series.
- One of my favorite characters in Untangle Me is Ivy’s assistant. She’s the kind of girl who talks before thinking. I’m looking forward to writing her story.
- I’m not a gambler, but I am willing to take risks for my dreams. This is a trait I share with both Ivy and Seth. They are both risk takers and it was an honor to make their dreams come true.
UNTANGLE ME BLURB: Ivy’s revenge on the people behind her family’s downward spiral is simple and it’s working. There’s no need to long for help from the wealthy business owners who turned their backs on her father. Ivy may be worn out, but she’s finding herself again after joining the local BDSM club.
Seth has it all. He has homes around the world and the little red speedster he dreamed of as a little boy, but none of the things he can buy satisfy him, not the socialites hanging on his arm or the submissives falling at his feet. Then, he hires Ivy to plan his next event.
Seth and Ivy enjoy each other’s company in and out of the planning stages for Seth’s charity event. Their playful bets lead them to a first date. When their secret kinks are revealed, the pair fall deep, but it’s not meant to last. Past hurts come back to haunt Ivy. Now, it’s time for Seth to use all he’s learned, regardless if he can win back the girl.
UNTANGLE ME EXCERPT:
Where was Seth?
Once in the center of the dance floor she turned in a circle, looking every direction.
From the center seat at the bar, Seth’s direct stare held her captive. A new song excited the crowd and cheers surrounded them, but neither of them paid it any attention.
His jacket and tie were gone, giving her a closer look at his all-male body. The top button on his white shirt was undone. She wanted to undo the rest and get a glimpse at what lay underneath. Round shoulders tapered to his waist. She bit her lip as she imagined his length.
He made no move to come to her, his elbow still rested on the bar. He was a man waiting for the world to come to him.
Not the world. Her.
The comfortable confidence and the heat shining in his eyes turned her on. She swayed her hips to the hypnotic beat. Her hands felt their way up her thighs, around her hips, and an inch past her waist, he got up and walked towards her.
In no time, his feet stepped in between hers and together they rocked to the music. The drums and base from the band pushed a rhythm into her body, driving her desire. Their fingers interlaced. She snuggled closer and breathed in his clean musky scent.
She wanted to touch him, but he kept a hold on her hands. He pushed them both behind her, causing her back to arch and her breasts to press deliciously into his hard body. Heat rolled through her. She let her head fall back, exposing her neck.
His lips brushed across her collarbone. They continued to rock back and forth, their hips swaying and rubbing together. He took her wrists in one hand and his other stroked down her neck, over her shoulder, caressed the side of her breast, and around her waist to land on her butt. He squeezed her ass and pressed her into the hard ridge of his cock. She lowered her chin and moaned as she took in his expression filled with raw desire. A slow devilish smile lit his features and sent a tremble through her.
The song ended and another began while they continued their dance. He let go of her hands and she wrapped them around his neck. Both of his hands molded her ass. She nuzzled his neck, taking a nibble and a few kisses as she breathed him in. She wanted more.
She made her way closer to his mouth. Before she stole a kiss, she looked into his eyes. His brown eyes had darkened to the color of night, matching his hair. She sucked on her lower lip.
“You know what you’re doing, right?” he asked.
“I know I want you.”
“The Masters work the back rooms on club nights. But we can stay on the dance floor all night, if you want.”
“You’re talking about the one on one rooms?” She sucked in a breath.
“I don’t think this crowd is prepared to see what I want to do to you.”
“Can we go back there? I want to go back there.” She looked directly into his eyes.
Get your copy at one of these online retailers:
- Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/untangle-me-by-s-j-maylee/
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Untangle-Me-Romance-S-J-Maylee-ebook/dp/B00H3WXVTK/
- All Romance eBooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-untangleme-1367983-147.html
- BookStrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/untangle-me
Meet the Author, S. J. Maylee:
S.J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time.
When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict.
As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.
- Blog: http://SJMaylee.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SJMaylee
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SJ-Maylee/339463696094996
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SJMaylee
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7224328.S_J_Maylee
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sjmaylee/
To celebrate the release of UNTANGLE ME, SJ is giving away one $15 Amazon Gift Card. Find the Rafflecopter entry link, here!